Contact us with any questions
|Thanks again for great customer service -- RG|| ||
Audi C5 A6 Headlamp Removal
This article discusses the headlamp units on Audi C5 A6 cars, specifically the removal and replacement process, which is the same for the 4.2 cars and the other models in the C5 range even though the headlamp units are not the same.
Last Updated: 08/21/2018
Parts Group: Headlamp
If you're not here for the technical analysis but would rather buy a used unit from us ... then please select the link below.
We have never been able to cleanly remove headlamp units our Audi C5 A6 project cars unless we first removed the front bumper, which is a non-trivial amount of work but viable to do, in an hour or so with the right tools and a decent level of mechanical skill.
- Headlamp (Driver, Halogen), as on: C5 A6 4-door 4.2, Part Number: 4B3941003P
- Headlamp (Driver, Halogen), as on: C5 A6 V6 through 2001, Part Number: 4B0941003BE
- Headlamp (Driver, Xenon), as on: C5 A6 4-door 4.2, Part Number: 4B3941003D
- Headlamp (Driver, Xenon), as on: C5 A6 4-door 4.2, Part Number: 4B3941003S
- Headlamp (Passenger, Halogen), as on: C5 A6 4-door 4.2, Part Number: 4B3941004P
- Headlamp (Passenger, Xenon), as on: C5 A6 4-door 4.2, Part Number: 4B3941004D
- Headlamp (Passenger, Xenon), as on: C5 A6 4-door 4.2, Part Number: 4B3941004S
After that, the removal of the headlamp is a simple process: two Torx T-30 bolts on top, and then one more long Torx T-30 bolt, deep down on the outer side of the headlamp unit, best accessed via a hole just ahead of the fender inner edge, using a very long extension and a 1/4" drive.
The one plug is easy to remove if you focus on the rectangle and find a tab therein, which you push away from the headlamp unit, perhaps using a flat-bladed screwdriver. This frees the catch and simultaneously pushes the plug away from the headlamp.
|C5A6parts.com, a Division of OCLES, Inc. (C) 2003 - 2022 All Rights Reserved.|
OCLES is an acronym for Old Car Life Extension Systems … enabling older cars to live longer!